I know we’re all used to an epistle we have to scroll through before we can get the recipe of the meal we really want, but you’re in luck because I’m not going to do that to you today.
This recipe was born from me trying to change my diet to a more plant-based routine and not wanting to skimp on taste. So here’s my spicy roasted chickpea recipe. Hope you love it.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground/powdered turmeric (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil or parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven to Broil (260o C/500o F)
- Place all ingredients in a ziplock bag and shake until all the chickpeas are coated
- Place chickpeas on lined baking sheet and put into oven for 30 minutes (or until golden brown and crispy)
This is a great alternative to plantain or banana chips; a quick and easy recipe that is packed with protein and anti-oxidant filled spices that will keep you full until meal time.
If you want more healthy recipes like this for weight loss or increasing your muscle mass feel free to contact me.